Mondays from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. during the school year (except on school holidays and Mondays after campout Check calendar page for specifics)
Troop 895 maintains a very active camping program with monthly campouts in and around North Texas during the school year, We also participate in the Northern Trail District's Winter Camp in December, and coordinate the week long Summer Camp in June or July each year. Furthermore, we have High Adventure treks annually to locations like Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico, the new Summit Bechtel Family Scout Reserve in Pennsylvania, Sea Base in Florida or the Northern Tier High Adventure Base in Minnesota.
Here are our upcoming camping and outdoor activities:
Please contact us for more information about our specific camp schedule this year and for information about joining our Troop!
- Troop 895 was founded in 1967 and has historically maintained around 50 registered scouts and 45 registered adults.
- Troop 895 is active in the district and provides opportunities for scouts and adults to staff activities such as Northern Trail to Adventure, Twilight Camp, Oak Leaf, Scouting for Food, Eagle Projects and more. This provides opportunities for the scouts to earn the service hours necessary for their rank advancements.
- Troop 895 is a boy lead troop supported by the scoutmaster, assistant scoutmasters, and troop committee. We are very committed to organized training for both scout and adult leaders. Female adults are welcome to participate actively in the troop in both camping and leadership positions.
- Dues – annual dues for boys are $96 collected in February of each year. The dues are prorated if you join the troop during the year.
- We have a New Scout Resource Center full of great information for getting up to speed quickly within our troop.