- Meets weekly at Episcopal Church of the Epiphany – 421 Custer Road, Richardson, TX 75080
- Mondays from 7 – 8 p.m. during the school year (except on school holidays)
- *NOTE* The Monday after a campout is NOT a troop meeting - it is reserved for the Patrol Leadership Council (PLC) meeting.
Troop 895 maintains a very active camping program with monthly campouts during the school year, Winter Camp in December, and Summer Camp in June. Furthermore, we have High Adventure treks annually to locations like the Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico.
2013-2014 camping program
|Sep 2013||Canoeing Campout, San Marcos, TX|
|Oct 2013||Robbers’ Cave State Park, Wilburton, OK|
|Nov 2013||KABOOM! Arrows, Rifles, and Rockets at Murphys’ Ranch, Ravenna, TX|
|Dec 2013||Winter Camp at Trevor Rees Jones, Athens, TX|
|Jan 2014||Tyler State Park, Tyler, TX – mountain bike trails|
|Feb 2014||Dinosaur Valley State Park, Glen Rose, TX – backpacking|
|Mar 2014||Pedernales Falls State Park; WWII museum, Enchanted Rock and LBJ home|
|Apr 2014||Kerr Scout Ranch at Slippery Falls, Tishomingo, OK|
|May 2014||Aquatics Campout, Lake Cypress Springs, TX|
|Jun 2014||Summit Bechtel Reserve High Adventure Camp|
|Jul 2014||Camp Pioneer, Hatfield, Arkansas – camping and merit badges|
- Troop 895 was founded in 1967 and has around 50 registered scouts and 45 registered adults.
- Troop 895 is active in the district and provides opportunities for the scouts and adults to staff activities such as Northern Trail to Adventure and Oak Leaf. This provides opportunities for the scouts to earn the service hours necessary for their rank advancements.
- Troop 895 is a boy lead troop supported by the scoutmaster, assistant scoutmaster, and troop committee. We are very committed to training for both scout and adult leaders.
- Female adults are welcome to participate actively in the troop in camping and leadership positions.
- Dues – Annual dues for boys are $96 collected in February of each year. Adult dues are $24. The dues are prorated if you join the troop during the year.
- Website – www.t895.net -- Check out the section for new scouts for more information about the troop and camping program. The newsletter section has information on recent activities.
Contacts for information
Scoutmaster – Dennis Macy – firstname.lastname@example.org
Troop Committee Chairman – Fred Kersting – email@example.com
Recruiting Contact – Jay Maxwell –Maxwell4scouts@tx.rr.com